September 21, 2011

Day 14: Skillet Rosemary Chicken with Red Potatoes

As I was scanning through my freezer last night,
I saw I have a complete ingredients for the recipe my family loved the most.  
I have been serving this for a year now,
and has always been an instant hit. I doubled the recipe to make sure 
I have enough left for brown-bagging.  
The kids can just go wild over the lemony chicken.  
The flavor would just burst everywhere. 
Nothing's bland. They're delectable!!

What's good about this is you don't need rice.  
The potatoes substitute for that and it's healthier.  
I'm sharing with you the recipe I found from Food Network.  
It sure is a winner in every household.  
I did a bit of modification according to our taste buds. 
I provided the basic recipe sans modification.  
I leave that all up to you. Let me know how you like it.


Skillet Rosemary Chicken

Courtesy of Food Network Magazine

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skillet and drizzlewith the juice of the remaining lemon.
Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.



We're teaming up with fellow food bloggers to host a Brown-Bag Challenge, a month-long initiative to eat consciously and save money by packing a lunch each weekday instead of eating out. Join us here and share what you're eating on Facebook andTwitter with the hashtag #brownbag.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...