September 8, 2011

Day 5: Cheese Quesadilla Wedges & Watermelons, Soy Chicken, Squash & Long Beans













This challenge has really inspired me to pack different healthy lunches daily.  This day, I woke up early to prepare as much cheese quesadilla wedges and watermelon cubes for my son's lunch today.  I grilled the flour tortillas on my electric grill and add in generous amount of grated Monterey Jack, Sharp Cheddar, Asadero and Mozarella Cheese.  I wanted to add ground chicken to add a bit of meat, but my boy prefers just cheese this time.  So I'd just try that next time, I guess.  This time I paired it with watermelon cubes since the weather is pretty scorching.  He need extra hydration from the meal he's getting.  So I packed in extra juice and bottled water as well.  What did you pack for your kids today?



My husband and I had leftovers home-made soy chicken, squash and long beans in coconut milk, and our choice of dessert.  He brown-bagged his lunch, while I ate mine at home.  I was trying to figure out how I can add tabs on my blog so I can include recipes as well.  If you're interested, check back later.  Or comment below to help me figure it out.  Thanks :)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...