September 9, 2011

Day 6: Cheeseburger & Nectarine Slices





We're teaming up with fellow food bloggers to host a Brown-Bag Challenge, a month-long initiative to eat consciously and save money by packing a lunch each weekday instead of eating out. Join us here and share what you're eating on Facebook andTwitter with the hashtag #brownbag.



It's Day 6 and we're still moving on!  I made cheeseburgers this time. No lettuce and other veggies outside the bun because they're in the burger.  I have finely chopped red bell peppers, carrots, thyme & oregano into the mixture.  I like grilling my burgers and buns just before I serve them.  It's yummier and appetizing.  I made use of shredded cheese so it melts faster and sticks on the bun for added bun flavor.  And for some fruity dessert, I have sliced nectarines into 8 pieces for easy snacking.  Guess what?  My husband packed this too for his lunch today.  But I added lettuce and tomatoes on his.  Grown-ups like to see veggies and colors with their burgers.  Otherwise it doesn't look like appetizing.  And I'm glad he's in for the challenge I joined. 

This challenge has gone so quick.  This is the last day for Week 2 already.  And there's just 3 more weeks to go.  I am now on my quest to plan ahead for 5 different lunch meals for the coming week.  My goal is to prepare 20 different lunch meals in a month before I actually have to repeat them.  That way they don't get tired of the foods they eat and start eating out again.  And that gives me more time to research on which meal works for us.
Good luck brown-bagging folks!!  I hope you were having fun.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...