Now that the Brown-Bag Challenge has ended,
I'd like to continue on what I started.
So today, though I am 2 weeks late,
take a pledge to provide healthy meals
in accordance to Project Lunch Box guidelines.
I hope I could help spread the word
and inspire fellow Project Lunch Box-makers
towards healthy eating.
Why Project Lunch Box?
- Real, unprocessed foods are best for our physical and mental health.
- If we help guide what our children eat while away from home, there is a better guarantee for school success, overall happiness and health.
- It costs less to pack lunch at home. With tighter budgets these days it makes sense to bring your own lunch.
- We want our children and loved ones to thrive. Home cooked meals are best (unless your school or work cafeteria has embraced a real food meal plan)
Together let’s Take a Pledge to get it right…..
- I understand that I can help decide what my family eats. #projectlunchbox reinforces that decision.
- Made a decision to provide meals with Real Whole Food ingredients as often as possible
- My goal is to provide nourishing meals for my family, even when they are away from home. (work, school, camp, etc.)
- I will include healthy snacks to keep nourished & strong throughout the day
- I will use re-usable containers and lunch boxes to reduce waste and care for the environment.
- I will spread the word with our school, friends and loved ones about Project Lunch Box.
- I will encourage positive, mindful food behaviors including portion control & taking the time to sit and enjoy a meal.
- One box. One Meal at a Time. Each day provides a new window of opportunity to get it right.
- Even if I do not pack lunches for kids I support the mission to feed healthy food to those I care for.
- Please join us to help promote the Lunch Box Project by tweeting with the hashtag #projectlunchbox and becoming a fan on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates.
For people who would want to join in the fun of packing foods for our kids, please refer to this link: