October 17, 2011

Introducing: Bento Weekly

Photobucket
What is Bento Weekly?

This is a packed school-meal for my family.  I prepare them daily but I post it on a weekly basis.  I created it to encourage me (and you) to pack healthy meals for us, our spouses and our children.

This will be a good opportunity for me (and you) to continue on what I started, and keep my family eating healthy even if they're away from home.

First of all, help  me figure out the right bento container.  My qualifications are:

  • 3-sectioned container good enough to hold 2 sides, 1 entree.
  • Leak-proof & Air tight to keep foods fresh longer.
  • Dishwasher-safe, Freezer-safe & Microwave-safe
  • Lids that are easy to open and close.
  • A size of a medium plate so you wouldn't be cramped when eating.
  • BPA-free and Phthalates-free

And this is what I came up with:
This Sterilite bento container had met my qualifications and had even exceeded my expectations.  My son calls it his school plate :) It's light on the budget and it's readily available anytime you need to replace it.

Then I have to get small containers that will hold the dips and sauces.  Sterilite doesn't the right size that I was looking for.  So I went on ebay and found the Tupperware Smidgets instead.  I have to stock on these though since Tupperware don't make them anymore.  It is available in many different colors.
Then I have to choose the right water bottle for my son that will meet my son's needs.  And this is what we found:
Thermos Hydration Bottle, which is:

  • Made from BPA-free, impact-resistant and dishwasher-durable Eastman Tritan™ copolyester
  • Easy-to-use flip-up straw
  • Leak-proof lid with integrated carry loop
  • Ergonomic design is comfortable to grip
Now I think we're ready to roll!

See you on our next blog of bento meals :)

Disclosure:  All the products mentioned herein were results of my researches.  They were purchased by us with our own resources.  There were no free samples sent to us for reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...