February 20, 2012

Meatloaf of Veggies and Herb


Today I made  my meatloaf stuffed with carrots, mushrooms and thyme.
You might be wondering where have I stuffed those? Well, I have to be a little discreet when preparing meatloaf with veggies or my girl would fish them out for the trash bin.  She's not a fan of any veggies but lettuce and french fries. So to be able to keep them well-nourished, I thought of a way to hide them with the help of a blender or food processor.  And this is the finish product.  I make several rolls per batch and freeze them.  This usually works when I'm out of bento items,
or just when the kids gets so picky.

Recipe:
1 lb ground meat
2-3 T teriyaki sauce
carrots, finely grated
mushrooms, finely chopped
1 egg
2 toasted whole wheat bread, crushed ( or bread crumbs)
thyme
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Gather all ingredients and form into a loaf.
Wrap with aluminum foil.
Steam at medium heat for an hour. 
Test with a toothpick.  It should run clear when withdrawn.
Serve with ketchup or gravy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...