October 5, 2011

Project Lunch Box - Week 3

Today is a fresh start.  
A new challenge to fulfill.  
It's the Project lunch Box.

This is the 3rd week of the Challenge.
However, it would be my first since I saw the post quite late.
I was a little too busy fulfilling my Brown-Bag Challenges
in the month of September.

Everything Grilled-Up for a Strawberry-filled Monday
Grilled 4-Cheese Quesadillas, Chicken Nuggets,
Strawberry Wheels, BBQ sauce & a BABY RUTH.
I felt like grilling this morning since I woke up 10 minutes ahead of my alarm clock.  It's another week of brown-bagging for my son to school.  I thought of bringing back Chicken Nuggets since it's been a while since he had it.  This time I paired it with Quesadilla wedges. Four of each.  A Baby Ruth Chocolate for his treat. And a bunch of extra strawberries to fill him up.

Cheeseburger & Salad Tuesday
Today is quite big for my project lunch box by special request.  
Due to my recent success of packing his lunch for the Brown-Bag Challenge, 
my son has learned the value of eating healthy.  
Cheeseburger and Asian Green Salad
 with Ranch and oranges on the side.
We called it Asian Green Salad because of the dressing and some ingredients.  We made use of Romaine lettuce, imitation crab meat, corn kernels, raisins, orange wedges, bread croutons and Thai fish sauce as the dressing.

But for his salad, we did a few alterations.  I crushed the bread croutons into crumbs-like and made use of Ranch dressing instead.  Try the Thai Fish Sauce and let me know how you liked it.

Shrimp-a-licious Wednesday!
Rice with sweet pea and corn, shrimp and asian pear cutlets
with juice pouch.
For a healthier option, I've always mentioned to substitute rice with quinoa.  But since I'm still training my kids' palates to different tastes, I have to break it gently.  It'd come along the way.  My grilled shrimp were marinated with salt and pepper, thyme and lemon juice.

Hotdogs for Thursday
Hotdog on a bun, strawberry halves,
and some oreo cookies for
some lunchbox fun.
Hotdog on a bun is a classic lunch idea.  But it does not disappoint little tummies.  A matter of fact, it is what pleases them most.  Today was supposed to be tuna melt sammies, but he opted for this instead.  And so be it!

Cheese Pizza Bagels for TGIFriday
Home-made Cheese Pizza Bagels,
broccoli and corn on the side and some
of his fave strawberries.
My Cheese Pizza Bagel is just simple to make.  
I'm sure most of the moms could make this. 
It's as easy as spread, sprinkle and bake.
(Ing: spaghetti sauce, shredded cheese, mini bagel halves)
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.

I'm glad I made it through this week's challenge and had clean lunchboxes at the end of each day.  I will be making Just a Bunch of Momsense's comment card soon to add to my son's lunchbox.  Maybe that could help me plan my lunch meals for the following weeks.  You might want to check that out too so you have an idea what I'm talking about.

See you next week!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...