It is one of my favorite childhood memories.
I like it warm and sweet.
Best of all it is healthy and vegan :)
For those who are having a difficult time liking and eating tofu, this might be a good solution to that problem. Even picky children love this. Just let them adjust the sweetness according to their taste.
|Picture courtesy of Niceyfemme. I have used it for visualization purposes|
only so as you know how the dessert is prepared.
- Organic extra soft or silken tofu (readily available)
- brown sugar or raw honey
- tapioca pearls
Here's all you need to do to start eating healthier.
- Pour 4 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in 1/2 cup uncooked tapioca pearls and cook for 40 minutes in medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix well. This gives the tapioca pearls a flavorful sweetness as we chew it.
- Turn off the heat and let the tapioca pearls cool at room temperature. Set aside.
- In another pot, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Then add in 1 cup of brown sugar. Mix well and simmer till brown sugar blends well with water. Add a tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
- Transfer the extra soft or silken tofu in a microwaveable glass, and microwave on high for a minute.
- Top with sweetened tapioca pearls and caramel syrup or raw honey.
- Serve warm.
I'd like to thank a good friend of mine, Michelle, who discovered about making tofu dessert due to our cravings. Now I could enjoy my tofu at the start of my day. Delicious!!