March 28, 2012

Tropical Berry Shake

I always try to feed my little kiddos with after school snacks as healthy as possible. They usually wanted something refreshing and uplifting after a hard work in school.  Normally, we'd stop by Jamba Juice to get either one of their Fruit and Veggie Shake, All-Fruit Smoothie, or just the whirl'ns. But we need a little break to that. And decided to make our own instead.

You must be wondering what a Tropical Berry Shake is comprised of. It's actually just a blend of strawberries, bananas, and tropical fruit sherbet with milk and ice.  This is absolutely full of anti-oxidants and Vitamin C.  And it's also packed with calcium and potassium.  A scrumptious way to regain all the lost energy at school. 

My son has come up with the name because of its taste. It's a blend of berries and citrus fruits.  And it's yummy. I pour in about 8 oz of milk per serving to make sure they get the recommended daily dose of milk. Then I add in about 4-5 cubes of ice just to give the icy texture of a shake.

Recipe:
4-5 strawberries
1/2 banana
1 scoop of Tropical Sherbet IceCream
6-8 oz of milk
4-5 cubes of ice

Blend together till all ingredients are well-blended.  It should appear like the one on the right.

I am using a bullet type blender so my ingredients are pre-measured according to my bullet-type container. This should yield about a little over two 4oz cups, or one 8oz cup. My son could finish one whole serving, so I make another batch for my daughter. And, we share the ♥.  This is especially good for warm weathers, or just after any strenuous & exhausting activities.  You can add a scoop of protein powder for adult drinks.  It's good after Zumba or any high impact exercises.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...