May 30, 2012

A Flower Garden Salad and Pizza

I was feeling inspired today and prepared a cute lunch for my boy. It was my first time to cut up carrots this way, and I could see a twinkle in his eyes. I was a reluctant bento designer because I was afraid I would embarrass my boy to school. So I have to introduce it slowly, and see how far he would let me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So today, I prepared him a flower garden fresh salad of lettuce and carrots with blueberries and ranch on the side. A couple slices of Cheese pizza for the main entree. With his lunch, he also had a yogurt drink, 100% juice pouches and water. Perfect! So tempted to doodle on those pizza but I held back. I believe that, "Patience is the key towards success" :)

But, today an unfortunate thing happened. This lunch went to the ground. And he came back home starving.  Apparently, a girl from school pushed his lunch aside, which went straight to the floor. We're currently investigating what happened and I hope it was just an accident, and nothing mean attitudes involved. My hubby suggested that maybe I should keep my lunches simple. It might have provoked the girl, out of jealousy, since her mom couldn't provide her a cute healthy lunch. I don't think so. And I'll keep providing them cute and healthy lunches for as long they would want me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

~Marie~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...