Since this has been a regular in my son's bento, I decided to share my recipe that made this so tasty and replaced their cravings for Mc Donalds' burgers.
- 1 lb ground meat (pork, beef or chicken)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- a sprig of fresh thymes
- a sprig of fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- carrots, grated (optional)
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp ketchup or tomato paste
- dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Scoop out a batter and form into a ball. Flatten and set aside. Keep doing it until the entire batter are used up.
- Heat skillet or grill. Brush or spray with cooking oil.
- Fry/Grill the burger patties till golden brown.
- Serve warm on a bun with lettuce, cheese, dill, tomatoes, onions, and ketchup.
Enjoy your burger and eat in moderation.