August 21, 2012

School Lunches: Cracker, Deli & Cheese

Our second day called for a volunteer work at school for me.  If you've been reading my blog over at Momscapade, you would know that I've been a parent volunteer for both of my children for 2 years in a row. So when the opportunity called for it, I would open-heartedly do so.  I learned so much from it as an after-school educator as well.  And dealing with children seemed to make my daily schedules busy and satisfying.

Today was pretty-much a different routine compared to last year, as Kindergarten classes went. There were three teachers moving around on each room to test the kids' performance on various aspects individually.  After 9 days, they'd be placed on their permanent classroom for the whole year.  This must be tough for the kids, because this is the time that they're making good friends.  Only to find out that after 9 days, there'd be possibilities that they'd be separated again.  Oh well, we're keeping our fingers crossed, and hoping for the best.

As much as I like helping in the classroom, I mostly look forward for break time.  This is the time, I like seeing the kids eat and play around the school grounds. I also noticed a few kids who brought bento styled-lunches. Honestly, this excites me a lot. I spoke with the child, and told her that I do the same kind of lunches to my kids too.  And we bonded right away. I introduced her to my daughter and they seem to click pretty well.
This was what Missy A brought to school. Ham deli cut into pieces by FunBites Cube It. All skewered by my girly-colored triple hearts picks. I added apple slices and strawberries to fill her up.  She also brought with her an Oreo brownie and a juice pouch for snack.
Ham deli prepared with FunBites CUBE It!
And Mr. G had crackers, pepperoni, and cheddar cheese for lunch.  Like Missy A, he also had strawberries and apple slices for a fulfilling lunch.  All lunches packed in our favorite lunch container system, the Easy Lunchboxes.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday!
See you tomorrow.

~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...